Last Updated on March 18, 2021 by J.SCALCO
Some love him with unyielding loyalty; others cringe when his music comes on—but one thing’s certain; Post Malone is a resolutely unpretentious musical force.
Despite his beer-drunk and cheerful image, Post Malone clearly has a knack for churning out infectious pop anthems. He is best known for seamlessly transitioning through trap-rock mashups, meditative acoustic-based songs, and quirky rap tunes. And according to some experts, there might be a psychological formula to his curiously affecting act (read on to find out more).
Since dipping his foot in the music industry as an enthusiastic teen, the artist climbed (*more of catapulted) his way to the top of the industry—cementing his place as a pop, hip-hop, and rock superstar. But while Post Malone songs such as “Sunflower,” “Rockstar,” and “Circle” are global household tunes, how much do you know about the ‘polarizing pop king’?
How old is Post Malone? What is Post Malone’s net worth? Post Malone tours, anyone? Care for his merch? Or how about the latest gossip on Post Malone’s girlfriend?
How Old is Post Malone?
The American rapper/record producer/songwriter/singer was born on Independence Day (July 4), 1995 as Austin Richard Post. This means that Post Malone’s age is 25 at the time of writing this post.
Although he was born in Syracuse, New York, his family moved to Grapevine, Texas when Posty was 9 years old—following his father’s (Rich Post) appointment as the Dallas Cowboy’s manager of concessions. He grew up in Grapevine, where his love for a wide range of music genres gradually developed.
Part of his interest and foray into the music industry had to do with the influence of his Dad, who was a DJ in his earlier years. Oh, and Guitar Hero too! The artist claims that he began making his own music and playing instruments after tugging at the virtual cords of the popular video game.
Who is Post Malone’s Girlfriend?
Is Post Malone single? Technically, yes. But just because he hasn’t publicly commented on his relationship doesn’t stop internet sleuths from digging into his romantic exploits.
Contrary to his edgy, bad boy look—capped off by a series of tattoos from head to toe—Post Malone seems to have a pretty big heart underneath. A quick look at Post Malone’s girlfriends and his past relationships shows flickers of a modern Romeo in disguise.
The rapper’s most notable girlfriends include his 3-year relationship with Ashlen Nicole Diaz, a Texas-based music promoter who also happens to be Posty’s number one fan despite her self-confessed social anxiety. A love-smitten Post-Malone took to Twitter on December 19, 2015, to wish Diaz a happy birthday. The tweet read “Happy Texas time birthday to most wonderful thing to ever happen to me, Ashlen Nicole Diaz. ???? I love u.”
As heartfelt as that simple tweet may have come off, other sources (i.e., Daily Mail) suggest that Posty and Diaz’s relationship may not have been the fairy tale fans hoped for. The couple later broke up in 2018—from when the heavily tatted rapper went incognito as far as his personal life was concerned. Well, until recently when new rumors surfaced hinting that MLMA might be Post Malone’s girlfriend.
If you’re wondering who’s MLMA, then there’s a good chance you are not that interested in K-pop (Korean pop) or TikTok. MLMA (an acronym for Me Love Me A lot) is a wildly popular Korean TikToker best known for her boundary-pushing visual art. The Seoul-born modern-day beauty icon, fashion designer, rapper, and social media influencer has recently attracted quite that some attention as highlighted in an interview with Vogue. But trend setting aside, our interest is in her purported relationship with Post Malone—and here’s what the ‘Detective Gadgets’ of the internet have to say…
On August 3, MLMA posted a selfie with Post Malone on her Instagram handle with the caption, “I did makeup on the cutest face ????❤️.” And when a fan asked her to confirm who she is dating (i.e., is she Post Malone’s girlfriend), she replied with a TikTok video in which she is seen flipping the pages of a photo album with Posty’s photos. Another Instagram picture reads “All I want is him to be happy and I like to be in love…❤.” I don’t about you, but the preliminary evidence points to a rather cozy coupling between the two. All that’s left is for the pair to make it official.
What is Post Malone’s Net Worth
According to Celebritynetworth.com, Post Malone’s Net Worth is estimated to be in the region of $30 million. And as usual, much of Post Malone’s net worth is tied in with the achievements in his short, yet illustrious stint in the music industry.
A publication by Forbes suggests that Post Malone is one of the highest-earning rappers in the world—raking in $60 million in the year ending June 2020. These sumptuous sums are ‘milked’ from:
- Post Malone Tours: Post Malone’s tour Runaway Tour, which kicked off in September 2019 was grossing an impressive $1.3 million per city before the pandemic happened.
- Album sale equivalents: Selling 6 million units of an album-equivalent in a year is no mean achievement—but Posty did it with his 3rd studio album, Hollywood’s Bleeding. It also helps that he keeps more of the royalties to his hits by writing his own lyrics—and he’s pretty good at it. According to a songwriting professor from Berklee College of Music (as reported by Vice), “Post Malone’s songwriting style is a bit repetitive…Even if it’s the first time you’re hearing the song, you can anticipate the fact that there is going to be that down, on-the-one phrase. It makes it easier for the normal listener to latch on to that and remember it and know what’s about to come next.”
- Endorsements: Quick question; what does an A-list celebrity with a net worth of $30 million drink? While the obvious answers would gravitate around exquisite beverages like Armand de Brignac Champagne or Pomegranate Martini, Post Malone has a different idea. He is a staunch advocate, endorser, and client of Bud Light Seltzer.
- Product Sales: With fame (i.e., free publicity) and a cohort of loyal fans in their arsenal, celebrities often concoct new ways to monetize their names in the form of branded products. Some examples include Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty, Justin Timberlake’s William Rast clothing line, KISS’s Kiss Kasket, and Post Malone’s Maison No. 9 Rosé Wine. The chart-topping artist also runs a Hemp and Lifestyle, dubbed Shaboink. Oh, and of course there’s his line of Crocs and Post Malone merch available on his official website.
- The Acting Game: This may be a contentious statement, but Post Malone might well be on his way to a successful acting career. His roles so far have shown glimpses of raw talent—reminiscent of other musicians-turned-actors such as Elvis Presley, Queen Latifah, David Bowie, and Will Smith (Okay, the comparisons might be an overstretch; but never say never). Heck, even Post Malone’s co-star in Spencer Confidential, Mark Wahlberg (aka., Marky Mark) started out as a front-man for a band.
The genre-bending American rapper also happens to be quite the big spender. For a snippet of his extravagant lifestyle, Post spent $40,000 on Postmates for food deliveries, $8,000 on Popeye’s biscuits, a staggering $20,000 on a bet he lost to YG, and a whopping $50,000 in a nightclub appearance. But in all fairness, Post Malone’s net worth means these sums are probably pocket change to the rapper.
Post Malone Achievements/Awards
“As an artist, it’s never really enough. You always want to strive to get bigger and better and push the limits of what you can actually do.”
— Post Malone
Posty’s rise to stardom was rather quick and swift. He apparently uploaded his debut single “White Iversion” to SoundCloud in 2015—only to wake up the next day to thousands of views. “I sat at that computer all fuckin’ day, smoking weed, drinking, watching that shit going up. And I was like, ‘This is so fuckin’ awesome, dude!’ That was, like, one of the best days of my life” he recalls.
The track boasted of a near-hypnotic beat complimented by Post’s soft words. His deceivingly obnoxious music grabs hip-hop bravado and tames it into suburban pop.
And since blowing up on that fated night, he’s been on a relentless rollercoaster of record-breaking singles and albums. His first studio album, Stoney, was certified Platinum less than a year after its release—with 3 tracks featuring on the Billboard Hot 100.
While the debut was a huge success and an impressive achievement, Posty took his success and musical prowess a notch higher with his sophomore album, Beerbongs & Bentleys. It debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200, was certified Platinum in a mere 4 days, and spawned a couple of GRAMMY nominations.
Post Malone followed the success of his first two albums with 2019’s most-listened-to-album, Hollywood’s Bleeding (PS: The album claimed this mantle despite arriving in September.
His trophy cabinet boasts of a ton of awards including, MTV Video Music Awards, Juno Awards 2018, American Music Awards 2018/2019, and Billboard Music Awards 2018. Post Malone has managed to scoop up these impressive awards and notoriety courtesy of chart-toppers such as:
- Post Malone “Circles”:
- Post Malone “Sunflower” ft Swae Lee:
- Post Malone “Rockstar” ft. 21 Savage:
- Post Malone “Psycho” ft. Ty Dolla $ign:
Long story short, Post Malone is easily one of the most consistent hitmakers, gregarious, and electrifying live performers of the 2010s.
Post Malone Tour
As is the norm in the music industry, Post Malone’s tours mostly revolve around his album releases and the promotion of his songs. Here are his tours so far:
- Stoney Post Malone Tour: Starting September 2, 2017, Post Malone embarked on a North American tour at the North Coast Festival in Chicago—closing his run in Atlanta on October 31.
- Beerbongs & Bentleys Post Malone Tour: This was the 2nd concert tour by the sociable rapper. It kicked off in Portland on April 26, 2018—before traversing North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and Oceania. The Post Malone tour closed in Leeds on August 25, 2019.
- Runaway Post Malone Tour: In support of his Hollywood’s Bleeding album, Posty hit the road on September 14, 2019, in Tacoma. But the tour was cut short in March 2020 following the pandemic as governments enforced ‘Stay at Home’ measures to curb the virus.
7 Interesting Facts About Post Malone
- The Stage Name “Post Malone” is the Product of a Rap Name Generator
Believe it or not, Austin Richard Post did not arrive at the pseudonym “Post Malone” after a well-thought-out process. In a 2017 interview with Noisey, he credits his infectious stage persona to a rap name generator.
To quote Post, “I was looking for a name ‘cause I already have all these songs done and I couldn’t think of anything, so I put my name in a rap name generator and it said, Post Malone.”
- Post Malone is Fond of Country Music
In an interview with Vice, Post Malone proclaimed his lifelong love for country music. “I like the oldies, you know. I’ll say 1999 and down. Nothing after that,” he said. “My love of country music came from my mom. Whenever I was a little kid, a little niño, my mom would always play country in the car.”
The artist even has a portrait of Johnny Cash on his upper arm.
- Post Malone is a Decent Actor
Posty made his Big-Screen debut when he cameoed in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), which also features his Chart-topping song, “Sunflower” ft. Swae Lee. But this doesn’t really count in an acting portfolio, does it?
His charismatic, expressive, and charming skills in front of cameras were laid bare in a hilarious Super Bowl Ad for Bud Light and a role in Mark Wahlberg’s Netflix production, Spencer Confidential.
- He is Taller than You Think
Standing at 6′ 0½” (1.84 m), Post Malone has a more imposing physique than most people expect. His height is on display when he towers over Mark Wahlberg in their movies, Spencer Confidential.
- Stardom was Always in Him
Long before the world had a sniff of Post Malone, those closest to the rapper had a hint of his looming fame. His high school classmates at Grapevine High School actually voted him as the “Most Likely to be Famous.”
- Post Malone Worked at Chicken Express
As a budding teenager in Texas, Post Malone worked at a Chicken Express located at 2120 E. State Highway 114 in Southlake. In a 2018 interview with Vanity Fair, Posty claimed “I worked here because I was trying to make some money so I could buy some Versace shoes.”
He recently surprised his former employers and customers with highly-coveted Post Malone X Crocs.
- Post Malone was Tattoo-Free when His Debut Single was Released
Post Malone is easily recognizable by his expansive body-art collection—estimated to surpass 65 images and words. But as much as his ink defines his image now, Posty was completely tat-free a few years ago.
His first tattoo was that of a Playboy bunny, which was partly influenced by Justin Bieber. In an episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Post narrates that “We were working on ‘Stoney,’ and then we had a tattoo artist come through, and I was like, ‘You know what? Justin Bieber’s got some tats, and I love you, but I know I’m way tougher than you.‘”
Other notable tattoos include an image of Kurt Cobain on his arm, an unintentional Marshmello helmet on his face, a cow skull on his neck, the words ‘Always Tired’ under his eyes, a barbed wire across his hairline, a gauntlet and sword on the side of his face, and images of some of his favorite deceased artists, to name a few.